Just Another Day in Paradise


Brent and I have been working on our blog. You may notice some new tunes added. One of them in particular, Just another day in Paradise. I started the laundry today and just because I was thinking that we had now had it for 6 years and it was working so well, it began to squeel. Just as we get the girls settled in their room and Brent and I have some "alone adult time," Cyana comes out saying she has to go potty. 2 minutes later, "I dropped my Cinderella and can't see her." 5 minutes later, "Ayslind needs to go potty." 2 minutes later, "I need to go potty." This continues to go on until we are so exhausted that we turn out the lights, stick a sock in their door so Cyana can't open it and lay silently in our bed making as little noise as possible so she doesn't know that we are still there. It all starts again the next mornig with Cyana usually being the first up, "I have to go potty." I think she has the world record for the smallest bladder ever because believe it or not she actually goes 90% of the time. After or durning the potty time the next words you hear are, "I want cheerios." Ayslind is usally awake by this time informing me of her dreams the night before and that she fell asleep either while Cyana was talking to her or before her music c.d. hit 15, which is the last number. Sometime later they will realize that Brent is no longer around and will ask, "Did Daddy go to work?" Despite the predictablility I actually look forward to these disturbances and so does Brent. When it doesn't happen, we look at each other a little lost as to what to do with actually time to talk with each other. "Just another Day in Paradise."

Popular posts from this blog

2025 IN REVIEW: The Anticipation of Good Things to Come

2024 review

2019 review