The New Arrival

Yes it is true that life does happen to most of us and it does interfere, even with the fastest forms of communication.
BOWYN BLAINE
JANUARY 29
3:26 PM
8 LBS 9 OZ
20 1/2 INCHES

I don't have an incredible exciting birth story, but for those that are curious, here is the gist. Tuesday the 27th we went to our appointment where we were informed I had dilated to a 4 and I was still 75% effaced. Our doctor agreed that in stressful times, yes women can "hold a baby in." He asked if we wanted to move our inducement date to that Thursday instead of the next Wednesday. I was incredible uncomfortable. Brent and I were both done with everything, so we agreed. Thursday would be the day after his dad's funeral, but at least everything would be over. I continued to contract and waddle like a duck for the next two days. We called Wednesday night to get our time to go to the hospital, we were not on their list. I was really beginning to think the baby really would NEVER come. The doctor called then next morning around 8 and apologized for the mix up and had us come in as soon as we were ready. After all of our arrangements with our girls and getting everything ready we were at the hospital around 10. By 10:30 they had all the tubes hooked up. Since I was already dilated to a 4 I wanted to see how far we could go without an epidural, since they don't like my blood pressure to much. The contractions were mild compared to how I had been feeling. The doctor came in around 1 and broke my water, I was a 5 and 80%. We kept going, the doctor said if I wanted an epidural now would be the time. When he left I asked the nurse for the point of no return. She said if I dilated to a 7 they would not call the anaesthesiologist. The contractions were manageable, but really close together, so after another hour, I asked for the epidural while I could still hold still through contractions. We informed him of my blood pressure issue and he gave a half epidural which was great because I was not in pain, but could feel the contractions come and go. As soon as he gave my epidural, my blood pressure dropped and the baby's heart rated dropped. They put me on oxygen and steroids for the next hour. Oh when I got the epidural, I was a 6 & 1/2, perfect timing. Finally I stabilized and the nurse came in to take my vitals. I had a strange feeling and looked at Brent then asked the nurse to check me because I felt something between my legs and I felt like pushing. She checked and there was the baby's head crowning. Our doctor's office is right next door, so the nurse ran and called him, my sister called my mom, who works just downstairs from maternity. We watched the doctor come running across the lawn. He walked in the room into his gown said push and Bowyn's head came. He had the cord around his neck twice, hence why his heart rate dropped. I pushed twice more and out he came. It was so incredible easy compared to either of the girls and sooo much faster, it was scary. I told Brent the past few weeks that I was worried about my water breaking because I knew he would come fast. I got to hold Bowyn right after he came out this time instead of after they put him under the lights, that was really neat. Brent and Bowyn hit it off right from the start. Brent got to cut the umbilical cord and then he held him for a long time after.
My mom ended up missing the birth. She walked in right as Bowyn started crying. My sister Mistie was there. She is not married and I think this was a very interesting experience for her. All she could say was that it was good birth control practice. She also said it was the most amazing thing she had ever seen.

Well the girls met Bowyn first through the glass of the nursery.

Then they got to really come in and meet him. Ayslind was so sweet and gentle, and Cyana could not keep her lips off of him. Who can blame her with those cute cheeks.
Well Bowyn has really grown a lot in a week. He is quite camera shy, but we all think he is pretty cute so we won't send him back!
Yes he really is that red. Inherited from both grandpas.
Hello world!

Popular posts from this blog

2025 IN REVIEW: The Anticipation of Good Things to Come

2024 review

2019 review