Almost

So I think that I almost feel comfortable putting pictures of our house up. After weeks of painting, redoing electrical, unpacking, oh and managing sickness, I think that we are finally settling in. We have been attending our new ward since August, but when sickness hit, it was either Brent or I and one of the kids in Sacrament meeting for a month! When the bishopric saw that we were all at church last Sunday they jumped. I had people comment about how now that we had moved in they wondered if we had become inactive! The Relief Society president asked if she could come over and visit. Later at home, we had just finished our Sunday feast and the bishopric show up on our porch. We are in the process of retraining Bowyn to sleep on his own, so he was screaming in his room, the girls had strewn toys in the sitting room and our table had all of our dishes cluttering it. The first thing the girls said to the bishop as he comes in and moves toward the couch, "NO SHOES ON THE WHITE CARPET!" We have very light carpet in the upstairs main room and I am constantly telling the girls, no shoes! Well it stopped the bishop and his counselor in their tracks. They stood in the entry way for the whole visit despite my apology and reassurance that they could walk on the carpet! Kids opinions speak louder than adults. We also are rescheduled for our speaking in church. I was hopeful for a new topic, but since we are speaking the week after Thanksgiving we are speaking on Gratitude. Anyone have any suggestions? We are hoping for some nice pictures next week. We are currently moving the last fish tank. We finished painting the upstairs, and Brent spent most of the day organizing my laundry/storage room building shelves and whatnot. I love that my husband is handy! Just another bonus for marrying a wonderful man!!!

Popular posts from this blog

2025 IN REVIEW: The Anticipation of Good Things to Come

2024 review

2019 review