The funny things kids say and do

So tonight, after a very irritating, frustrating day as mom, two of the three kids brought back some humor that made me think maybe parenting is okay after all. First, Bowyn is on an attatchment kick that is driving me crazy!!! He cries when I leave his side, not just the room, leave from physical contact with the kid. I left him downstairs and ran for it just to hide for a few minutes of privacy. I heard him wailing all the way up the stairs and through each room as he searched unsuccessfully for me. So when bedtime came and I couldn't find him, I was a little confused. Brent had been down with the kids watching a show while my V.T. were here. He had turned everything off and came upstairs with the kids, but when I hollered for Bowyn no response, but one could hear the static from the t.v. I came down to find Bowyn sitting on the couch, sucking his fingers, holding his hair, starring at the static, which was also really loud. I asked him if he was ready for a movie and he nodded his head vigerously.
Second, Cyana has been doing really well at learning to read and today Ayslind brought home a book she had made last week when talking about farm animals. So Cyana listened to Ayslind read her the book, then she took it to her bed and started to read it, occassionally asking me what a word was. Well my attatchment child was climbing all over me and I was distracted at the end of the story so after hearing, "sheep give wool, hens give eggs, cows give milk...." Cyana read, "horses give...what's that word mom"(no response)"horses give.....horses give poop!" Little did she know that I was listening and Brent and I broke out in wild laughter at the thought that she had gotten "poop" out of the story. By the way the original story read, "horses give rides." Good laugh! Ahh kids what would I do without you, how boring my life would be. I love them!

Popular posts from this blog

2025 IN REVIEW: The Anticipation of Good Things to Come

2024 review

2019 review