Running!
I never pictured myself running. I just figured that was a part of me that was over and done with. I have been running consistently for the past couple of months. Last week I ran my first full 3 miles (35 minutes), not bad I thought. Ran again on Saturday 3 miles in 32:30! 2:30 minutes less. This week I haven't ran for time yet, but yesterday I did 4 miles. It feels great to be able to run and not die! My knees have been a little sore, but as long as I keep them soft as I run, they don't hurt as bad as when I do the stair master! 5K here I come. First one I plan on running is on May 22. Then I have 4 more planned over the summer! I am finding that I run much faster on the road then on the tread. Must be because I am not pushing my limit on the tread? I don't know. Everyone told me it would be harder to run road, but I get better times on my mile running the road.