And Time Goes On
So, I don't know who has time for blogging anymore, our lives have just sped up to fast forward. Ayslind is happily settling in to first grade, kind of. She is in a class with a large number of boys, several of which I know have issues, so she complains that the teacher has to stop a lot, but luckily she breezes through everything and I can keep her busy when she complains about being bored. She has just started reading the "Series of Unfortunate Events." She is hard to keep up on with reading, because I made a personal goal to read everything that my kids have. Well with her I just haven't had the time, so I usually read one book to make sure it is okay and let her go at it. Luckily this series I have read, so I can talk with her about them and she seems to really enjoy it.
Cyana has taken on the role of "oldest at home" a little extreme. Yesterday I came out of the shower and Bowyn was barricaded in the time out spot. When I asked Cyana about it she said that he had hit her and she put him in time out. That isn't to difficult he puts himself in time out when we say his name a certain way, so she got him there then pinned him. Ah what an interesting mother she will make. There is still time right? Time for me to teach her to be a good, loving, kind mother, not the Nazi I am, right? She is however becoming quite a good little reader and writer. She loves to write her name "fancy," with lots of curls.
Finally there is Bowyn. Wow what happen to my little baby! He is growing so fast and in his copy cat mode. He copies every thing we say and each day he chooses someone new to copy their actions. The other night it was Cyana. She was whining because she didn't like what we were having for dinner and she dramatically threw her arms in the air. With in 10 seconds Bowyn was whining like a girl and when we looked at him he made a perfect copy of the action Cyana had just done. Ah kids what are we going to do! I love that he is copying words. My favorites for him to say right now are pumpkins, thank you, welcome, 'llo (hello). While shopping in Costco the other day he generously sang his version of "Corn Dogs" encouraged along by Cyana. The best part, you could almost tell what he was singing.
I am running wild with PTA and room mom assignments, as well as trying to keep up on the house.
Brent is running wild with lots and lots of work and has been working long hours to keep up with everything.
We did get a short break in over Labor Day weekend. Brent and I were able to get away to hike Nebo. Coming from us this may sound really bad. We love hiking and I have yet to be on a trail I HATED, until now. By the time we reached the summit we both looked at each other and agreed NEVER to hike this one again. The view from Timp is much more rewarding and the trail is much more enjoyable. 4000 feet change in elevation, nearly straight uphill the entire way. Not to complain, we got away, but we should of headed to the Unitas, oh well, winter is coming and that means snow shoeing!!!
Anyways, probably more for my benefit than anyone, there is the catch up for the past couple of months. The next few are promising to be just as busy with Pumpkins on Parade, Book Fair, Parent Teacher Conference, Halloween parties, General Conference, fall break, and all of that is just for October. Oh well, Happy Trails!
Cyana has taken on the role of "oldest at home" a little extreme. Yesterday I came out of the shower and Bowyn was barricaded in the time out spot. When I asked Cyana about it she said that he had hit her and she put him in time out. That isn't to difficult he puts himself in time out when we say his name a certain way, so she got him there then pinned him. Ah what an interesting mother she will make. There is still time right? Time for me to teach her to be a good, loving, kind mother, not the Nazi I am, right? She is however becoming quite a good little reader and writer. She loves to write her name "fancy," with lots of curls.
Finally there is Bowyn. Wow what happen to my little baby! He is growing so fast and in his copy cat mode. He copies every thing we say and each day he chooses someone new to copy their actions. The other night it was Cyana. She was whining because she didn't like what we were having for dinner and she dramatically threw her arms in the air. With in 10 seconds Bowyn was whining like a girl and when we looked at him he made a perfect copy of the action Cyana had just done. Ah kids what are we going to do! I love that he is copying words. My favorites for him to say right now are pumpkins, thank you, welcome, 'llo (hello). While shopping in Costco the other day he generously sang his version of "Corn Dogs" encouraged along by Cyana. The best part, you could almost tell what he was singing.
I am running wild with PTA and room mom assignments, as well as trying to keep up on the house.
Brent is running wild with lots and lots of work and has been working long hours to keep up with everything.
We did get a short break in over Labor Day weekend. Brent and I were able to get away to hike Nebo. Coming from us this may sound really bad. We love hiking and I have yet to be on a trail I HATED, until now. By the time we reached the summit we both looked at each other and agreed NEVER to hike this one again. The view from Timp is much more rewarding and the trail is much more enjoyable. 4000 feet change in elevation, nearly straight uphill the entire way. Not to complain, we got away, but we should of headed to the Unitas, oh well, winter is coming and that means snow shoeing!!!
Anyways, probably more for my benefit than anyone, there is the catch up for the past couple of months. The next few are promising to be just as busy with Pumpkins on Parade, Book Fair, Parent Teacher Conference, Halloween parties, General Conference, fall break, and all of that is just for October. Oh well, Happy Trails!