A week of Halloween
So the week of Halloween this year felt as big as Christmas or any of the future holidays. We dressed up nearly every day, which turned out good for Cyana because she couldn't decide on what she wanted to be. I was in charge of the PTA activity at the school so every day I was at the school before, during, and after. When that was finally over, we had class parties and then the big family party on Saturday. By the time Sunday came, I was exhausted and ready to retire from any more volunteering. (We don't have anything until Thanksgiving). Here are the pictures. We, of course, had snow like everywhere else so we dug out the winter clothes. Being where we are conveniently the next week we were back to our summer clothes.
This is a conglomerate of Brent's work and Ayslind's parade at school. Brent's work had a carving/decorating competition, and of course Brent's section won. Brent painted the face on the "mad scientist." The other section in the picture is the food one to the left. I cut out the others because they were totally not family appropriate as you can see by the kids faces in having to stand next to them to take their pictures. Some people take the gruesome too far. I also loved the Jabba the hut at Ayslind's school.
So finally on the night of Halloween eve, we got costumes finally figured out. Bowyn had just been going as himself. I really don't care about dressing up and until they are big enough to make a fuss it is easier to not do it, especially all week! Cyana decided she wanted to be Princess Leah and insisted that Bowyn be Luke. Well when I got him dressed the best I could, Brent said he looked more like a Yoda. So there he was. Ayslind last year informed me that she wanted to be a shooting star for Halloween. She stuck to it ALL year! Whenever anyone asked her what she was going to be she gave the quick no thought response, "shooting star." Well in turn I left it up to her to decide how to dress up. We eventually came up with this. Black pants with glow in the dark painted stars and planets, sparkly hairspray, and my shiny cape. She looked more like a universe than just one star. Thank goodness it is all over!!!


