Thanksgiving and Christmas Season
Wow the time flies by so fast. I can't believe we are nearing two weeks to Christmas, already! We had an interesting Thanksgiving. We stayed home again this year and had our friends come for the big meal on Thursday. It was fun to spend the day with them especially since they will be moving in the Spring so we are glad we have been able to have one last Christmas season with them. They have become more family then friends since we have been getting together for the past 5 years. Shana and I discussed the option of going out for black Friday, she had never been and I love it, but I was pretty tired after cooking for two days straight (with a lot of help from Brent), so we decided to bag the idea for this year. I probably saved a lot of money too. I always seem to spend more than I intend on black Friday because I think everything is a wonderful idea, plus it is contagious when everyone else is so excited about things. After we spent Thanksgiving day with them, we got together again on Friday and went sledding. We had to get out in the snow! 19 degree weather was a little chilly for me and the kids so we only lasted about an hour, but it was fun. Brent and Spencer seemed a little disappointed, but where the masses go, they have to follow.


Later on Friday afternoon, we got a surprise visit from Brent's cousin and his family who live out in California. We don't get to see them very often and I am glad they keep us high enough up on their list to drop by over their vacation. It is fun to see them and their two cute little ones.
We were happy to have the rest of the weekend to just relax at home. When Monday came I was ready for it to be Ayslind's Christmas break instead of having her go back to school for three more weeks.
So the past week and a half since then has been crazy with new callings and getting ready for Christmas, family parties, work parties, ward parties. It may be crazy and stressful, but to me it really is the most wonderful time of the year! We will be posting our Christmas greeting this year instead of mailing so watch for that post hopefully the beginning to middle of next week! Merry Christmas and happy shopping everyone!
We were happy to have the rest of the weekend to just relax at home. When Monday came I was ready for it to be Ayslind's Christmas break instead of having her go back to school for three more weeks.
So the past week and a half since then has been crazy with new callings and getting ready for Christmas, family parties, work parties, ward parties. It may be crazy and stressful, but to me it really is the most wonderful time of the year! We will be posting our Christmas greeting this year instead of mailing so watch for that post hopefully the beginning to middle of next week! Merry Christmas and happy shopping everyone!