Eleven days and counting...
Crib up...check! All baby clothes accounted for and washed...check! Car seat cleaned and ready for permanent home in van for next 12 months...check! Gifts for baby from siblings...check! Blankets washed...check! Coming home outfit for new arrival...check! I have never had to worry about a run to the hospital bag so we will say...check (I always pack the night before inducement). The nesting is really funny this time because it goes beyond just cleaning the house in an insane madness, but it has extended to our yard, over preparing for church responsibilities, over organizing school assignments, and seriously rearranging our house 100 different times (in my head, Brent would kill me if I made him do it all, I might get one rearrangement in this weekend (heehee!). It has been a lot of fun to have my energy returning that I have missed so much for the past 9 months. I am excited to welcome our new arrival and it is even more exciting to me to watch my older kids get excited. There is a chair placed in front of the crib. I have walked by on numerous occasions and seen each of my kids standing on the chair looking in the empty crib. Ayslind will even start the singing stuffed animal and watch it turn it's head. Thanks to their enthusiasm, I have finally accepted the fact that, yes we are having another baby and yes it is another girl. I think it is about time that I am getting excited about it!
Brent and I were talking about the difference between welcoming this baby versus our first one. This one we have felt like we were running to catch up the entire pregnancy (still feel that way, thank goodness for nesting!). When we brought our first one home it was such a waiting game the last 2 months, I almost went insane wondering when it would come. This one we have so many things to tie up before 11 days is over that we are literally racing the finish line. HOPEFULLY, the next post will include a few pictures of the new arrival and I can catch up on the older ones as well, but for now...blogged...check!
Brent and I were talking about the difference between welcoming this baby versus our first one. This one we have felt like we were running to catch up the entire pregnancy (still feel that way, thank goodness for nesting!). When we brought our first one home it was such a waiting game the last 2 months, I almost went insane wondering when it would come. This one we have so many things to tie up before 11 days is over that we are literally racing the finish line. HOPEFULLY, the next post will include a few pictures of the new arrival and I can catch up on the older ones as well, but for now...blogged...check!