Catch up!
So here is our quick catch up. No I will not blog about Christmas. It was a good Christmas for us and little lonely trying to figure out new family traditions, but it was good. The kids were a lot of fun and we had more just our family time than we have had in a long time.
Here is a quick catch up on what everyone has been doing.
Lyvi has grown one cute little tooth on the bottom. Not two, just one. She started to crawl just in time to get into everything during Christmas. She is so much fun and loves to clap and follow everyone around the house. She has started to stand in the middle of the floor and I suspect she will be walking before long. She loves being with mommy and daddy.
Bowyn is currently potty training. I was done with the double diaper duty and with his third birthday just a couple of days away I figured it was time to overcome my fear and just do it. We had attempted a couple of times previously, but something always seemed to get in the way. He has been doing really well and we are just starting our second week. He loves dinosaurs and tells the best stories.
Cyana has been doing awesome in school. She loves every second and always has something new to tell us when she gets home. The best part is that she has been teaching Bowyn all of the things she has been learning. So Christmas songs, colors, shapes, counting, letters. I must admit she is a good little teacher and I hear Bowyn practicing the things she has been teaching when she is gone.
Ayslind is getting to big. I would rather not blog about her, it makes me feel old, but in all fairness. She has started achievement days and in return asks to do more mature things. She now cooks once a week and her chore list has become more extensive. She is also my responsible little babysitter and a huge help to Brent and I. She really should not grow up so fast.
Brent is working, working, working. He would like more time to spend hiking, but with moving up also comes all the responsibility. We just had our ten year anniversary. When we talked about it we are happy with the progress that our family has made in this first ten years. We were able to all go to St. George for a weekend and play. From there Brent took me down to Vegas to see Phantom. We had an awesome night together. We haven't had a nice date in a long time. We reminisced a little because St. George and Vegas were where we went for our first anniversary. I love reliving memories with him, we have been so blessed with such a happy marriage. Yep we are a little goofy!
Update for me. Well as much as I loved being a part of the PTA, no I really did, I had to drop it mid year as I was called to be the young women's president in our ward. This has been a huge challenge for me. Luckily we have some awesome young women and leaders. It has been hard, but I feel like we are finally figuring out what we are doing and the fun is starting to come. We are currently in the process of planning camp which by far is my favorite part of the young women program. It does keep me incredibly busy, but thankfully Brent and the kids are patient and now we have 25 girls who all want to watch my kids!
We have been so blessed these past ten years. God has been mindful of our situation and needs and has always answered our prayers. How thankful we are to Him for the gospel in our lives and especially for the blessing that have come in our little family through our children. We love Him and His son Jesus Christ and are striving daily to serve Him with all of our hearts.