What would you do?
What would I do if I received the news that death was haunting at the door? What would I change? What would I finish? What would be on my list? I have been pondering on this. Would my children and husband know they were the most important things in my life? Would they know how much I loved them? Would they know I would give anything for one more day? How would I treat them differently? I would want to buy Ayslind and Cyana their instruments. I would want Cyana to have her dance dress for championships. I would want to take the kids to Hawaii and the Sacred Grove. I would want them to know how much I love the gospel and our family adventure. I would want Brent to know he is my best friend and means everything to me. I would want him to know I love him. The problem is, we don’t know when or how we will end our lives. We don’t know if we will be sickly and miserable for the last few months or if you will have the energy to do all that you want. I want to have adventures with my kids and husband. This is why I am going back to work. Not to eliminate my time with my family, but to optimize it. I want them to know that we work hard so that we can play hard. Life is so short. You never know when the doctor says, “let’s check your white blood cells” means this is the beginning of the end. Love more, love better and make EVERY moment count.